Thunderbolt Broadcasting Company
Stations WCMT(AM), WCMT(FM), WCDZ(FM)
Martin, South Fulton, Dresden, TN
Annual EEO Public File Report
For the period April 1, 2009 through March 31, 2010
The purpose of this Equal Employment Opportunity Public File Report is to comply with the Federal Communications Commission’s 2002 EEO Rule-47 C.F.R. Section 73.2080 (6). This report has been prepared for Thunderbolt Broadcasting which is comprised of the above captioned stations which are all licensed to Thunderbolt Broadcasting Company. This report has been placed in the Public Inspection Files of these stations and posted on the stations website.
The information contained in this report covers the time period beginning on April 1, 2009 and ending on March 31, 2010 (the “applicable period”).
The FCC’s 2002 EEO Rule requires that this Report contain the following information:
- A list of all full-time vacancies filled by the stations;
- For each such vacancy, the recruitment sources utilized to fill the vacancy (including, if applicable, organizations entitled to notification pursuant to Section 73.2080 (1)(iii) of the new EEO Rule, which should be separately identified), identified by name, address, contact person and telephone number;
- The recruitment source that referred the hiree for each full-time vacancy during the applicable period;
- Data reflecting the total number of persons interviewed for full-time vacancies during the applicable period and the total number of interviewees referred by each recruitment source utilized in connection with each vacancy.
A total of 8 (eight) full-time vacancies were filled for Thunderbolt Broadcasting during the applicable period of this report.
|Full-Time Position Filled by Job Title||Recruitment Source of Hiree|
|Production/On-Air Announcer||T.A.B. Website and WCMT Website|
|On-Air/Programming/Sales||T.A.B. Website and WCMT Website|
|Sales Representative (1)||Union City Messenger|
|Sales Representative (2)||Weakley County Press|
|Sales Representative (3)||Union City Messenger|
|Sales Representative (4)||Thunderbolt Broadcasting website/friend|
|Sales Representative (5)||Weakley County Press/WCMT Website|
|Sales Representative (6)||Weakley County Press|
Recruitment Source Information
Notice of each of full time vacancies was circulated by email at the offices of Thunderbolt Broadcasting and posted on company billboards, was aired on the stations, and posted on the company website. Notice announcing each full time vacancy noted that Thunderbolt Broadcasting is an equal opportunity employer.
Below is a listing of the Specialized Recruitment Sources utilized by Thunderbolt Broadcasting for recruitment purposes. A notice of each vacancy was sent to each source along with a request that the notice be propagated to any qualified job seeker.
- Ms. Lynn Gibson-The Martin Pilot Club 587 Sand Hill Road, Martin, TN. 38237
- NAACP Ms. Nikki Claybrooks-Pres. local NAACP 337 S. McComb St. Martin, TN. 38237
- U.T. Martin Job Placement Department, 215 Boling University Martin, TN. 38238, April Boals.
- Lane College Job Placement Department 545 Lane Ave. Jackson, TN. 38301
- Murray State University Job Placement Office,210 Ordway Hall Murray, KY. 42071
- Tennessee Association of Broadcasters Website, Jill Green
- Kentucky Broadcasters Assoc. Website, Gary White
- Thunderbolt Broadcasting Website, Lana Carpenter
- U.T. Martin Communications Department Gooch Hall U.T. Martin, TN. 38238, Dr. Richard Robinson
- ALLACCESS.COM website
Analysis of Effective EEO Recruitment Program
The majority of the vacancies filled were for sales positions at Thunderbolt Broadcasting. The local print proved to be effective in providing candidates for these types of openings.
On-air announcements are also an effective means of recruitment as many of those who applied said they saw the ad in the paper and heard it on the radio. No organizations have requested notice of any job openings.
During the past reporting period Thunderbolt Broadcasting has participated in Career Fairs and also stays in monthly contact with the University of Tennessee at Martin, an institution here in our local area and provides externships and internships for University of Tennessee at Martin Students.
Further, Thunderbolt Broadcasting gives an annual scholarship to the University and participates in the SESAC Scholarship with the International Broadcasters Idea Bank and participates with the Obion County Sheriff’s department in the awarding of three scholarships to high school seniors in Union City, Obion County and South Fulton high schools located in our area.
Thunderbolt Broadcasting stations participates in the “Reality Store” held at the Tennessee National Guard Armory where we help high school students understand the value of money and introduce them to potential jobs in radio broadcasting. It is apparent that Thunderbolt stations are meeting the EEO requirements as set forth in the guidelines.