We try to keep our listeners and web site viewers safe when interacting with our radio stations and the stations’ electronic mediums. Read this page entirely to understand and to agree to the interactive terms and conditions, and our official contest rules on this page.
Wherever the words WCMT-AM/WCMT-FM/WCDZ/WQAK/KYTN appear in these rules, they include the business entity, to which the Stations WCMT-AM, WCMT-FM, WCDZ-FM, WQAK-FM and/or KYTN-FM are licensed, and any member companies, parent corporations, and affiliates. Call letters mentioned above belong to parent company Thunderbolt Broadcasting Company (TBC, Thunderbolt Radio, Thunderbolt Broadcasting, Thunderbolt Radio and Digital, Thunderbolt Digital, we), which may also be referenced in this document.
1) No purchase is necessary to enter any Thunderbolt Broadcasting Company contest
2) All Qualifiers must be permanent residents of Tennessee, Arkansas, Kentucky, Illinois or Missouri and must provide Thunderbolt Broadcasting Company with a valid form of identification and Social Security number satisfactory to Thunderbolt Broadcasting Company management.
3) Subject to rule (4) below, all Qualifiers must be at least 18 years old to be eligible to participate in contests that include hotel/motel accommodations, motor vehicles, boats, and/or air travel as prizes.
4) All Qualifiers must be at least 21 years old to be eligible for all contests affiliated with an alcoholic beverage manufacturer or distributor.
5) One entry per household will be permitted to participate in a contest. A “household” is defined as any individuals residing at the same address. After winning a contest on WCMT-AM/WCMT-FM/WCDZ/WQAK/KYTN, the individual/household is ineligible to win any other contests on WCMT-AM/WCMT-FM/WCDZ/WQAK/KYTN for a period of thirty (30) days. All individuals/households receiving a prize valued at $600.00 or more on WCMT-AM/WCMT-FM/WCDZ/WQAK/KYTN may be issued a 1099 Federal Income Tax Form by Thunderbolt Broadcasting Company, and are ineligible to win a prize valued at $600.00 or more for a period of one calendar year from the date of winning. If it is determined that a selected Qualifier is ineligible as a result of one or both of these restrictions, another Qualifier will be selected. This selection procedure will continue until these restrictions are satisfied.
6) Anytime the WCMT-AM/WCMT-FM/WCDZ/WQAK/KYTN on-air studio is called, it is assumed by the caller that the phone call is being recorded and may be broadcast. The caller grants permission to WCMT-AM/WCMT-FM/WCDZ/WQAK/KYTN to broadcast the call or record the call for later broadcast.
6a) For telephone contests, listeners may enter by calling 731-588-1410 (WCMT-AM), 731-588-1013, 731-479-1013 or 731-885-1013 (WCMT-FM), 731-364-9595 (WCDZ-FM), 731-884-1049 (KYTN-FM), 731-885-1057 (WQAK-FM) . If any problems are discovered by Thunderbolt Broadcasting Company, different call-in numbers or addresses may be substituted and utilized after those numbers and addresses are broadcast on WCMT-AM/WCMT-FM/WCDZ/WQAK/KYTN. In the event a caller is disconnected during a contest before his/her name and phone number is recorded, then the prize will be awarded to the next caller whose name and phone number are recorded. The person operating the telephone at WCMT-AM/WCMT-FM/WCDZ/WQAK/KYTN has the final decision as to who is the winning caller.
7) For contests requiring written entry forms, they may be e-mailed to a contest specific address on www.wcmt.com, www.unioncityradio.com, www.mix1013.com, www.star951.com, www.1057thequake.com, www.kytnradio.com or www.thunderboltradio.com, or mailed/delivered to Thunderbolt Broadcasting Company – PO BOX 318, Martin, Tennessee 38237-0318. All entries become property of Thunderbolt Broadcasting Company and will not be returned. Thunderbolt Broadcasting Company reserves the right to retain any or all contest materials for any reason that Thunderbolt Broadcasting Company deems necessary to the completion of the contest, or reasons relating to publicity and/or advertising. Thunderbolt Broadcasting Company shall have no responsibility for a Qualifier’s failure to win or claim any prize based on difficulties with telephone, facsimile, email, or internet difficulties, or any circumstances in any contest.
8) Any specific rules and/or restrictions pertaining to individual contests (entry dates, a limit on the number or words on an entry, etc.) will be disclosed in on-air announcements.
9) Prizes must be picked up by the winners at the Thunderbolt Broadcasting Company business office or other pre-arranged or pre-announced location within thirty (30) days of notification to the winner, unless there is a deadline date by which the prizes must be picked up, in which case, that date will be specifically stated. Otherwise, failure to pick up the prizes by the deadline will result in the forfeiture of the prize, which shall remain the property of Thunderbolt Broadcasting Company. Thunderbolt Broadcasting Company assumes no liability for the delivery of prizes. If Thunderbolt Broadcasting contacts a winner and they do not pick up their prize within a reasonable amount of time, winner will be blacklisted and disqualified from future contest or promotional entries; this status is not revocable unless winner produces a proper explanation of why the prize cannot be picked up / used.
10) In the event the winner is subject to, or the subject of, any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien, and the like), Thunderbolt Broadcasting Company delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as Thunderbolt Broadcasting Company awarding the prize to the winner. Thunderbolt Broadcasting Company shall be entitled to rely in good faith, upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. Thunderbolt Broadcasting Company shall not be liable for any claim by any winner for damages incidental thereto.
11) As a condition of entering a contest, Qualifiers must agree that upon winning, they will consent to the use of their name, likeness, and all verbal and written communications with Thunderbolt Broadcasting Company for publicity purposes.
12) Employees of WCMT-AM/WCMT-FM/WCDZ-FM/WQAK-FM/KYTN-FM, Thunderbolt Broadcasting Company, (and its ultimate parent company, Thunderbolt Broadcasting Company of Martin, TN), their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and immediate families of each, and employees of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the Thunderbolt Broadcasting Company’s Martin and/or Union City studios are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian.
13) All prizes are non-transferable and are not redeemable for cash. Thunderbolt Broadcasting Company reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value. Thunderbolt Broadcasting Company cannot be held responsible for unforeseen cancellations or delays of concerts/events or transportation caused by weather, promoter or performer.
14) Winners are solely responsible for all applicable local, state and federal taxes. Winner may be issued a 1099 MISC federal tax form if in one calendar year the prize value of all prizes won in contests from Thunderbolt Broadcasting Company and/or participating co-sponsors exceeds $600.00.
15) Thunderbolt Broadcasting Company assumes no liability for liability, damages, situations, repairs, or incidents arising from any aspect of any prize awarded in any contest. Thunderbolt Broadcasting Company, all participating co-sponsor companies and their advertising and promotional agencies, affiliates thereof, employees, and immediate families of each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest. As a condition of entering a contest, participants may be required, upon winning, to sign a release form and affidavit of eligibility to claim their prize. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the Qualifier’s right to claim or receive the prize.
16) The following are specifically related to E-contests and E-Mail Club promotions on www.wcmt.com, www.unioncityradio.com, www.mix1013.com, www.star951.com, www.1057thequake.com, www.kytnradio.com or www.thunderboltradio.com
17) All giveaways and contests are void where prohibited by law. All local, state and federal regulations apply. As a licensee of the FCC and a trustee of the public airwaves, Thunderbolt Broadcasting Company reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) at the discretion of Thunderbolt Broadcasting Company management if world events, the national mood, or public safety so warrant. Thunderbolt Broadcasting Company reserves the right to disqualify any winner if the contest rules have been violated in any way. Thunderbolt Broadcasting Company reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time. All decisions of Thunderbolt Broadcasting Company are final.
18) Although Thunderbolt Broadcasting Company will make reasonable efforts to conduct its contests substantially as announced or advertised, Thunderbolt Broadcasting Company reserves the right to change or modify the rules of its contests as exigent circumstances may require. In such cases, Thunderbolt Broadcasting Company will amend the rules for that contest and broadcast the amended rules as promptly as possible. In such case, the contest will be conducted in accordance with the amended rules.
19) You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Thunderbolt Broadcasting Company… against all losses… arising from: (a) any violation of this Agreement by You; (b) the inaccurate or untruthful Content or other information provided by You to Thunderbolt Broadcasting Company or that You submit, transmit or otherwise make available through this Web Site; or (c) any intentional or willful violation of any rights of another or harm You may have caused to another. Thunderbolt Broadcasting Company will have sole control of the defense of any such damage or claim.
20) A copy of these rules is available during business hours (9:00am-4:00pm Mon-Fri) at the Thunderbolt Broadcasting Company studios, 1410 N. Lindell St., Martin, Tennessee 38237.
All material on this page may be revised at any time without notice.
Please check this page for the most current information.